Sunday, August 27, 2017

CAUTION: Beyond This Point You Are At Your Own Risk

Hey everyone!

Real Quick I want to make a shout out to my main Normal missionary bud Elder Buckley!

Alright so this week there is some sketchy material and so if you do not want to know than you do not want to read.  CAUTION: Beyond this point you are at your own risk.

Well Elder Hafen and I were out knocking some doors and trying to contact some people whom we had already met.  Well there was this one guy William(name has been changed) and his roommate Ruel(name has also been changed) whom we had given Books of Mormon to.  We had missed them being home a time or two and we wanted to try again since we were in the area.  We parked our bikes, all was normal, and as I ascended the steps to the porch...DUN DUN DUHHH.  No, but in all seriousness, we do not know if our investigators are still alive?  Once I was at the top of the steps I could see the unsettling scene of blood covering the porch.  It was spewed from one side of the porch to the other covering it almost in its entirety.  As I examined the scene I saw the windows shattered, pools of still wet blood, and blood also scraped along the screen door.  We are not going to attempt to contact them again. Innocence is bliss.

Oh and one more sketchy thing for this past week.  As if the porch scene was not enough.  Elder Hafen and I went to a potential investigators house to try and teach him.  Well everything was fine at first.  Then as we started to teach, things went out of hand to say the least.  He kept telling me to shut up and making Elder Hafen answer wonky questions that apply to nothing.  Elder Hafen did not have all of the answers he was looking for since 1) We as missionaries do not know everything and 2) Elder Hafen could not understand the way he talked.  Also his heart was set on his way.  Well I started to try and help translate with what understanding I had to offer.  The guy did not like that, especially when I was able to answer one question beyond his ability to argue.  Umm so yeah I do not know how to say this next part other than to just say it.  No one freak out though (he means ME!!), because it is all fine and I am safe now.  Yeah but the guy threatened to shoot me.  We were able to talk him down into a calm state and leave in good graces.

On good notes though we were able to do a lot of service.  We were able to paint a members den.  We helped some members move a massive dresser to their house and up into their bedroom.  Their thanks was repaid by attempting to give us clogged arteries. They took us to Little Caesars for a pizza.  Well if any one is adventurous you might want to try this?  If you are a health nut you will most likely cringe at the mentioning of this.   Well they ordered an Extra Most Bestest and asked for the butter/garlic sauce on the crust. The window lady than asked if they just wanted it on the crust or all over the pizzas?  The members told them the whole thing!  Try it I dare you!  Also we got to go to a mansion and move probably the heaviest couch I have ever moved.  It was a 3 seat couch where each seat had an electric recliner in it.

Mom:  Sounds like this year will have lots of surprises and tons of fun. I wish you the best of luck and hope you are having a great day!   Take care of your self in the Eclipse.  I sure do have glasses and later we are going to drive into the total eclipse path.  We are in about 99.7%  But we are going to head north and get 100%.  (We were almost identical to him at 99.5% here)
 I love you mom!

Tay: Dude good job on the soccer scene!  Despicable me 3 what?  That sounds awesome! It is crazy you are a senior now and G is a Freshman!  They upgraded the laptops?  You will have to send me a pic of what the new ones look like.  Bro good luck at school!  Do well and have fun ok! I love you Tay!

Audrey: It is going good.  The heat is coming now but it has been nice compared to last summer so I can't complain too bad.  Te members here are way nice and love us, so yeah we get taken care of.  That child sounds like a handful. I hope he gets used to you soon or you get changed so you can stop bleeding.  haha yeah scouting for deer, I wish I was with them!  Do you have a stick shift too or are you using Trav's?  The struggles of early marriage sound wonderful!:p  haha it is crazy To think Trav is trying to buy a house!  Good luck this week Love yeah!

Tali: Send me a picture of your new hair!  Where is your first day of school pictures!?  Your toenails sound cute though. I love you Talia!

JO:  Oh I will preach it!  And I like the "dawg". That is how you spell it down here in GA.

Travis: dude going scouting sounds like a blast man!  How did you get so dirty were you in the back the whole time?  Are you showering on a regular bases yet?  Yeah man I will get the full eclipse so I will enjoy it. I love you Trav!

G4: Ahh blue hair gain!!!  Forget about the hair what about those hammer pants?  haha sister I love you and I hope your English teacher is about content and not spelling!:)  I love you Grace!

Dad: Yeah this week did go by pretty fast.  That sounds like a way fun and pretty 4wheeler ride.  haha Biff and his billy goats. Sometimes I feel that way about a few of the hills we have to bike!:p  haha yeah Audrey was telling me she might be a little confused on that.  I love you dad!

Love you all!

ElderLegg
Picture from Interviews.  I already had glasses, but did not have them on me but sister Grayson provided some for the other companionships without.  Yes, my eyes are closed!
Lots of drink mix from Cindy Long
Thanks!
Cool car in a carport

This was a magic trick that was played on me.  
I mixed my card I picked into the stack and then I was given the stack to hold and the magician took a picture of me holding it but the only card facing him was my card but when I was looking from my side the cards were mixed his way and my way??






From Sister Boyd and our meal at Craker Barrel, see more pics below


Ready for the eclipse


My friend Jenny found these on the mission facebook page











No comments:

Post a Comment