Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Totality in SC!!

Hey Everyone!

Challenge to everyone: hold Family Home Evenings and study from Preach My Gospel.  It will help each person to have the preparedness to share the gospel at all times and in all places.  Also a great talk to listen to or read to help our understanding of Christ's Grace is called "His Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox.

Well I hope everyone's eyes survived the Eclipse.  Mine did.  The area of the total eclipse fell somewhat in our mission boundaries. My area was not in it, but my zone was part of it.  Turns out that the car elders in Martinez were saving some miles so that we could take the car to Macon for a meeting.  Well, we ended up having the meeting changed to next month, so we had lots of extra mile this month.  We got approval from the zone leaders and so since the eclipse was on our preparation day we got to travel near the top of our mission and zone.  We took a Road trip last Monday to Edgefield, SC.  We were able to see the totality of the eclipse! It was  a blast and an amazing sight to see.  The bugs started to come out along with the bats.  It was dark and cool with a ring of light all around the horizon. I am very grateful for the opportunity I had to view it.

Elder Hafen had a Challenge given to him to extend the invitation of being baptized to someone.  He has had the same challenge for the past two weeks and has not really had the opportunity arise.  Well this past week we went out with our ward mission leader to go and visit a struggling family in the ward.  They were not home and so I told him there was a lady who we would like to try before we went home.  We got there and she had just gotten back from work and was laying down to get some rest.  She gave us the time we needed to share our unique message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  As we were sharing our testimonies I felt prompted to invite her to be baptized.  I looked at Elder Hafen and mouthed to him to do it.  He had 3 chances and pasted all of them up. Finally right before we left I knew I felt prompted and so I invited her. As we walked away Elder Hafen was beating himself up a little because he knew he should have and wanted to but was just unsure.  Well the Lord knew of his true desire to repent and change.  He provided another chance through a referral we received.  We went and taught a lesson and gave him a Book of Mormon. In the end Elder Hafen fulfilled his challenge and was set at peace in his heart and mind as to his ability to Fulfill his purpose in inviting others to come unto Christ by helping them to receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

On Saturday we were supposed to help two new families move into the ward, but both moves went faster then were expected and were completed before we got there.  However, a youth was working on his eagle project. This young man had helped us earlier in the week by going out with us and taking us to lunch at Chik-fil-a.  We went to go and help him out. He was building a play set at Camp Helaman. A place that the stake president owns that is used frequently by wards, the stake, and especially the scouts.  There was a tube slide there that turned out to be my nemesis.  I had to take that thing apart 4 times because others were putting it together wrong.  Just when we thought we were done too. We found out the roof was messed up and it would have to be finished another day.  That was some sad news after a long day of working on it and hoping to finish it.

We never found anything out about he crime scene house? It looked like a big drug house though. And yeah Hafen was a little rattled.  As far as that creature on the wall in the picture  a couple weeks ago, if I am thinking of the right picture.  It was just this moth thing.  There are those which are like giant thick moths beasts. Also there are these like bee/dragonfly/I don't even know things that are pretty creepy.  Yeah there are just a bunch of weird bugs here. Jace sent me a picture from where he is in Mexico and it was of a spider and we have them here too.


Mom: Sounds like the makings of a great year!  That is cool that you get to work with deaf kids. I am sure that will be a new experience.  Tali looks like Grammy to me in her back to school pictures!That is sad to hear about in soccer.  Trav is probably right they need to run and do the basics.  That is so cool the Schmidts are on a mission they will make a great senior couple!  I was wondering how Jake was.  I heard it hit Galveston.  Dang 11 miles with no hills is a little easier for you huh?  That is a lot of running!  That is so crazy to think that Dakota, Trent, and Trey are all home now.  I love you mom!

Tay: What are some of the songs you are doing in FX?  What does your schedule look like for school?  Do you only play mt home this week?  I am tired too man.  Like all the time!  If you think High school is tiring wait till the mission man it is crazy! Love you Tay!

Audrey: Do you still have that kid that kicks or bites you? Man Thomas the train seems to be a very big deal with all of the kids now a days.  I barely even watched it when I was little.  Cracker Barrel is  very good. The time we went the other week here was Elder Hafen's first time and he loved it. Love yeah!

Travis: That is sad to hear about the team man.  It is hard to watch when there is potential and the effort to reach that is either not there or ignored.  I am sure you understand that a lot from teaching people on your mission.  haha yes the rides of the little siblings!  I love you Trav!

G: Sister you know what it means when you do not have any classes with friends?  It means you can focus on your work and do well. Also maybe you should look into making some new friends too?  Maybe some one will need or want your help? Love you Grace!

Tali: When did you go and get so old to be in the 7th grade?  And also don't like school anymore?  But are more into a boy?  Those need to swap sis or when I get back you and that boy are getting a swat!:p  mmmm food sounds so good right now it is almost lunch time here and I am hungry! I love you Tali!

Dad: I love you dad!

I love you all!

Elder Legg

























No comments:

Post a Comment