Monday, August 7, 2017

Staying in Stevens Creek

Hey Everyone!

Well I am staying here in the Stevens Creek ward.  Although I will be training a new missionary.  I am sad to see Elder Campos leave, but I should be in for a new adventure.

This week I went on an exchange with Elder K. Walker.  We have been emphasizing the use of the Book of Mormon more in our teaching and finding throughout my district and the entire mission.  Just for some background, there are some weeks where we may not get to pass out a single Book of Mormon.  A lot of the times if you can pass out two Book of Mormons in a week you are doing well.  This was not good enough for us on our exchange though.  We made a goal to pass out two that day but we felt prompted to bring more.  We ended up having 5 with us and in 3 hours we were able to pass all of them out. Plus we got to give another one out that night.  We were pumped.  The Book of Mormon is our sickle to harvest the wheat already to harvest, Doctrine & Covenants section 4.  If we use it we will find the Lords elect and bring them unto the flock of our shepherd and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.  I know these things to be true and I know that The Book of Mormon can and will bring anyone closer to God who studies it prayerfully willing to act on the impressions of the spirit to our hearts.

Since I am training I had a meeting in Macon on Saturday for President Grayson to teach us his expectations and vision for the new missionaries coming in.  Well Elder Dunn and Elder Buckley from my zone are training too and so we three got to road trip to Macon as we left our companions together.  It was a blast.  (Here's the proof.  Buckley and Tyson were in the MTC together) 

"It was great we had the best of time! It has been far to long since we have been together for an extended amount of time."

Mom: I am glad you had a safe trip.   It sounds like things will get crazy with school starting and yeah you know it is soccer time when there are fires all around smoking up the valley.  Hmm freshman orientation?? (New this year) I am glad I did not have to do that.  And no I did not here about Tad getting married?  Any info?  Thanks mom we are going to have a Nerf war now! I love you mom have a great week!

Tali: What a tanning bed?  That is weird isn't it? Have you named the cat then if its eyes are open?  And you are a baby sitting fool!:) Love you Tali!

G4: Way to go at the farmers market.  And you want to dye your hair blue again?  Why?  It looks great just the way it is.  So does Lexi still not like Peter Pan? I hear you sister I get your pain!:p  haha and I am sure you will get your chance with a dog as soon as buddy is gone.  Which means you will have to wait a little while cause he is holding on till I get home.  I just got my water bottle from Walmart.  The missionary store!:p  I love you Grace!

Taylor: Oh heck  yeah tryouts man that is bomb!  I wish I got to go!  Man give it your best and be an example to your peers and underclassmen.  I miss and love you Tay!

Travis: Dude I hope all of your interviews go well.  So you already have the offer of the detail shop?  Dude you are growing up so fast man.  It is weird you are looking into buying a house.  Tanning bed? those give you cancer!  haha I love you Trav!

Audrey: I almost asked if Travis donates Plasma with you but than I remembered he can't he has malaria.  I hate needles though so that sounds gross especially if it leaves bruises.  Buying a house sounds so far off for me that is crazy.  I have never been a fan of tanning beds but I also don't like to tan really, partially because I can't.  Have a great week love yeah!

Dad:I am glad your new position is going well. It sounds like hunting will be a blast this year.  Are Trav a Tay going to go hunting this year?  I hope you get a beast.  That is so cool that all 3 of you drew.  I love you dad!!

Love you all

Elder Legg


No comments:

Post a Comment