Saturday, September 30, 2017

I Am Safe

Hey everyone!

Well as many might know there was a Hurricane(Irma) that blew through GA this last week. It is the largest Hurricane on record to have come out of the Atlantic ocean.  Well sadly, or happily, depending on your view I do not have too much to report from it.  Much of the hurricane that was a category 5 was dissipated to a category 1 or tropical storm level by the time it reached middle GA.  Plus it turned away from where I am at.  It hit more directly in central GA. I am in eastern GA.  I got to stay right were I already was and we were just asked to stay inside all day on Monday as the storm struck.  It was not much of a storm where I am.  I have worked in worse.  We used the time to plan for our week since our plans were shredded to pieces.

First we found out on Sunday morning less than an hour before 9 that we were being switched back to the Stevens Creek Elders.  It was fun for the week we got to be Martinez Elders.  We thought we had church at 11 and then we were called and told to go at 9 instead.  Also we had planned for a week in Martinez area and so we had to transfer plans.  Plus we were supposed to have a big 6 hour meeting on Tuesday that got cancelled due to the Hurricane.  There was a lot of changes that occurred after we had already planned so we got to plan again.  It was pretty boring alone in the apartment for a full day.  We made the best of it though plus the members we were going to have dinner with ended up dropping something off.  It was chicken Alfredo which is Elder Hafen's favorite dish.  That brightened his day!  Here I am though  with the adventures in Stevens Creek continued...!

This past week we went out with Bishop Hohneke.  Elder Hafen and I had been praying and preparing and were pumped to go and open the Windows of Heaven with Bishop.  One of the things you do is promise to talk to everyone that you see to show your Faith that you know God can place one of his Elect in your path or lead you to them.  Elder Hafen and I had been praying to find someone with specific qualities.  1)that they were looking for truth 2)that they were searching but they knew not where to find it 3)that they were open to us 4)they were accepting of the gospel 5)that they would be touched by the spirit.  We had 2 hours set apart for this great task.  In the first hour and a half nothing had happened.  I stared to pray in my heart as we walked for the Lord's help.  As I closed my prayer I looked over and saw a door open to a house.  We went over to see who was home. It turned out that it was actually a lost less active member who nothing of the new boundary changes and had not been to church in a very long time.  It was awesome to have here new Bishop with us and to reach out in fellowship to her.  Then later we with about ten minutes left(fourth floor last door, it's a really good talk) we found Marian.  We shared with her the Restoration and as we testified of truth we could see each of the qualities we had been praying for were being exemplified by this sweet and precious soul in front of us.  I know that prayers are answered! I know God cares about our righteous desires and knows each of his children and their needs.  Not only were our prayers answered that afternoon but Marian told us we were an answer to her prayers as well.

There was a worldwide broadcast Devotional this last week by Elder Bednar of the quorum of the Twelve Apostles.  He spoke of the importance Doctrine and Covenants 128:18.  In being a strong and faithful welding link in your chain of generations.  Doing you genealogy and temple work for you ancestors. To teach you children and be the example to them to connect us all as brothers and sisters in Christ.  That there is healing in families that comes through this!  He gave his Apostolic blessing that by the power of the Holy Ghost we can know how to become strong welding links!  I pray you take this promise and build you chain of generations through your own personal strength!

Mom: Thanks for the shirts mom!   It has been a while since I have had white ones! Yeah our area was actually one that some of the evacuees came too.  None stayed with us.  We were fine though there was a lot more hype than what actually struck down where I am.  We stayed in our same apartment and we had power the whole time.  I got both packages and both were safe and sound!  It was a really boring storm to tell the truth.  I love you mom!

Tay: Dude I saw those sick lip syncing videos!  you were a stud!  Plus you looked great for homecoming!  Dude you won dodge ball!  Who was on your team?  Did you go on any date before the dance?   love you Tay!

G4:  Oh yes your life just sounds totally awful!  You got some cute new dresses and got to spend some time with mom.  Your life sounds horrible!:p  haha I love you Grace!

Tali:  Did you do any fishing while you were at the Owyhee Reservoir?  Oh I totally forgot about the Nut Job was the 2nd one any good?  It is cool that you like to go camping!  I love you Tali!

Audrey:   That is so cool that Travis got a job!  How is work going for you?  Is it weird when you hit some of these limbo transitions of life?  Love yeah!

Travis: Dude that sounds like a pretty rad job!  So are they going to bump you up with some more hours after you stay for longer than a week.  Are there any crazy animals you are dealing with right now?  Man having to work on Sundays would stink but lots of people have to do it now a days.  I hope you can get out of it most of the time.  haha and mom told me about your interview that is hilarious man! I love you Trav!

Dad:  Who is the quarter back and some of the star players for BSU now?  that sounds like a fun camping trip.  Moth infestations are the worst though.  I will forever be scarred from SD.  Haha and there are some nasty bugs here too.  How many horses have you been working with?  What type of horses are they?  Does the guy plan on riding or using them?  That is super cool that you have been able to help him out though!  haha I do like a clean garage!  It does take a lot of work to get there though! Have another great week I love you dad!

I love yall!

Elder Legg

This is some orange spice cider we made


This is how I entertained myself on Monday

A little bigger tower I was able to do but I could not get past here!

This is a huge house we found at the end of like a quarter mile long drive way 


Our District

No comments:

Post a Comment