Saturday, September 30, 2017

Talkin--Poppin---and Waddlin

Hey everyone!

Happy Birthday this week to: Kayla Kunz and Travis Legg!!  (The cousins turned 23 on the 21st)

First off the Talkin.  Well this week the Augusta stake was asked to provide some laborers to assist in the clean up that is happening in Jacksonville, FL.  They were struck pretty hard with the Hurricane that came through.  This left our ward a little short handed for Sunday at church.  Including positions to fill of who was going to talk in Sacrament meeting.  They asked Elder Hafen and I both to fill in and give talks.  He spoke on "How can I develop faith in Jesus Christ on a daily basis?" and I spoke on "How can Repentance help me every day?"  I talked about how each day is another section of our path back to God.  How the one true path has been set forth and highlighted by the example and teachings of Jesus Christ.  There will be times that we get off the path and make wrong turns.  Through Repentance we turn around and make changes or corrections in our daily lives.  We are able to get back onto the path we need to be on to reach our goal of Living with our loving Heavenly Father.  This can and does bring great Joy into our live. I know this to be true because I have felt it in my life.

Also this week for Poppin there is a story.  Well each week we play Ultimate Frisbee on Saturday mornings with other missionaries and military guys.  Well sometimes it gets pretty intense even though it is meant to just have fun and get some exercise.  This week during the first play of the day I was being guarded by a military guy.  I made a mean cut across the center of the field though and had the disc thrown my way.  It was a bullet and it made the defenders closing in on me speed boost to try and intercept.  Well they miss the disc and Nailed one another.  My defender ended up getting a knee to the face.  His eye blew up to the size of a golf ball and was looking like Rocky Balboa or Travis after his staff/allergic reaction.  It was awful.  He ended up going to the hospital immediately.

Elder Hafen was the one Waddlin.  There is a workout where you start with 20 jump squats and do 1 push up.  Then you do 19 jump squats and 2 push ups.  Tha\en so on and so forth until you are doing 1 jump squat and 20 push ups.  In the end you do 210 jump squats and push ups and you are sore for days.  Well I talked elder Hafen into doing this and he has been waddling around.  It is awesome!  Y'all reading this should try it!  Oh and the challenge too is that you try to do it in 15 minutes.   Ready set go!

Mom:   Let Kayla know I say happy birthday!  That is crazy about the game though and I am glad you did your research before you went, very smart!:p  What? Tay got to go senior picture clothes shopping.  I love shopping, well getting new clothes.    I just stink at knowing what will look good!:p  Definitely get me some of Tay pics.  Those are some crazy runners. And yeah you kinda sound like a crazy runner person now!:p  It is awesome! We are cooling down here and it is great!  I love you mom!

Tay: Dude I miss horse riding!  We will have to go when I get back!  Dude wrap that ankle and keep playing hard!  I love you Tay!

G4: Wow it sounds like Jo knows how to throw a party!! I hope you had fun and I love you sister!

Tali:  The Weber's cabin is great!  and Hot springs are divine!  What you get laptops in middle school now too?  Crazy! I love you sister!

Travis and Audrey: Love yall!

Dad: Haha that is way funny!  Yeah I think I have had that happen with Tali before. When she has fallen asleep on a couch and I need to take her to bed I wonder sometimes:p  that sounds like a great trip to the cabin.  I love you dad!

I love y'all!

Elder Legg


Here's our final district picture!! It's been real, honestly. Imma hate saying goodbye to these jokers.





Transfer Call Shenanigans. We didn't have time to drive to the church so we did it at like some random table. Snacks were had.  I was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment