Thursday, September 28, 2017

NEW! Spamasubi & Pickle-ball & Ward 9/4/17


Hey Everyone!

Well as far as missionary work went this past week Elder Hafen and I got skunked.  Nothing really progressed from where we were.  Lots of appointments fell through and people were not keeping commitments.  However, we still were out and having a blast while doing it!

Last Monday for P-day we got to go and play disc golf with the district.  I started out a little shaky, but by the end I was bring home the bacon.  I was hitting most pars and we were not able to finish the course but I nailed my last shot.  I actually hit under par on our last hole.  I drove well on my first throw.  I still had near 35 yards to go till the basket though and was just going to place it near so I could have an easy putt.  Well my attempt to put it close was on point.  In fact, so on point that it decided to just glide right into the basket.  It looked so pretty. I was surrounded in a grove of trees and it had to curve through a naturally made goal post.  It was a great way to end the day! (I asked him if there were birds chirping & movie music playing in the background and he said pretty much!)

If anyone thought my Spam adventures were over.....You were wrong!  This week I got to try a little something called Spamasubi.  This is Spam sushi.  I was once again a little weary about the trying it out.  However, just as my past experience, I was pleasantly surprised. It tasted good and would also have it again.

We ate some regular Thai  this week too. It was really good.  Well as we were eating, some flies were buzzing around.  Then this 12 year old kid started to ask his parents where his Rubber band gun  was so he could shoot some flies.  His dad told him that he should just use his fingers.  I thought that it was all just a joke.  That is until I saw a rubber band whiz past my head. Followed by a shout of "Eureka!"  I turn behind me a there she blew.  Sitting on the window sill, before my eyes, was a dead fly.  This was not just a lucky shot because that fly was soon joined my his friends. There were a few missed attempts, one of them hitting Elder Hafen and landing in his food.  We were in the presence of a rubber band marksman.  A Fly Sniper.

This past Saturday we we had a meeting for trainers and trainees to follow up on how things are going.  It was held down in Macon and we got permission to take the minivan from the other elders.  We got to road trip down to Macon with Elders Buckley, Dunn, Evans, and Mortensen.  We had a blast with the 5 hours we spent in the car together. Plus we got to introduce the new elders to Steak n' Shake.

This morning I also played a new game I had not ever tried before.  It is called Pickle-ball.  It is like a mixture of Ping Pong, Tennis, and Volleyball.  You use small wooden paddles with whiffle balls.  You play it on a tennis court and only use the service squares.  Then some of the rules are similar to Volleyball and the other to sports too.  It is a blast!  If you ever have the chance offered to you to play pickle-ball try it!

The big event for the week though has been the rumors of ward boundary changes.  Just last night a new ward was created out of our area.  They took 3 wards and made a 4th.  Elder Hafen and I are, as of now and for right now, going to be in the Martinez ward as their Elders and have received a new area.  It is going to be exciting to see all of the new changes and the new work that it brings.

Mom: Thanks for helping take care of my shirt stuff.  I am glad that all of the kids are behaving well for your classes.  All of that food for Aunt Theresa's birthday sounds way awesome right now.  We will not get fed well this week because of the ward change and so no one signed up to feed the missionaries.  I love you mom!

Tali:   You have seen Hocus Pocus?  I have never even seen that movie! I never get to see any of the movies you get to!:p  And an infection what kind of infection?  That is some good babysitting money though good job.  Hope school goes well. I love you Tali!

G4:  Oh homecoming is no big deal and your friends do not need to be thinking about that for at least another 3 years.  Plus what do you wear?  Girls wear nice modest dresses!  I love you Grace!

Trav:  Wait Audrey is related to Colton miller?  And dude hiking lots of stairs for moves is awful.  I am glad that it all worked out though and that is not too bad to fit your life in a horse trailer.  I am glad that the move went smooth though and that the travel was safe.  Awe man I can not wait to chill with friends again!  That sounds like a good show! I love you Trav!

Audrey: Haha 8 hours to get to Rexburg sounds like no fun.  I am glad everything fit that y'all needed to though and that the apartment passed inspection.  I love Mexican food!  I am glad God was watching out for y'all in you travel and inspection!  Sorry I scare you every once in a while. I am a pretty scary guy. (Our life sized Tyson in the living room scares her in the dark)  Have a good week. Love yeah!

Taylor: Dang those sound like some good games to have watched (they won one 12-0).  And dang well I am glad Skyview can eat some humble pie!  Where is Halli going to school? I love you Tay!

dad: Haha I miss mowing the lawn.  I get to do it every once in a while and it is great.  Haha yeah we do not go camping as a family like ever.  Se still went as like scouts before I  left but that was mostly it.  That is sweet you are taking them.  That is cool BSU came out strong I hope they keep it up. Why will it be hard to get in a bowl game?   I love you dad!

Love yall!
Talk to you next week!

P-day will be on Wednesday the 13th!  That is when I will email!
Elder Legg



My area is right on the GA SC border and we went once before for that cool lake baptism but this time we stopped for pictures.  Now on my mission I have made it to 4 states!!  GA, AL, SC, and FL.  The last one was an accident.  We left the mission on when I was in Valdosta.  We were going to contact a referral near the boarder and the senior couple who was driving us got lost and we did not know where we were until we pasted by and sign saying Welcome to Florida.  It was pretty funny.   He asked did I read that right?  Did that say Welcome to Florida?  We told him yes and he was just like oops sorry guys I turned y'all into rebels!:p

When elder Hafen forgets he has a restoration pamphlet in his back pocket during August in GA
The sweat got to it!

Small cicada



Our home made dinners have improved sense Elder Hafen's first one in the mission


Fried up some spamasubi in an Indian simmer sauce that Aunt Theresa sent 


This one is better


Pickle-ball Masters










No comments:

Post a Comment