Tuesday, July 12, 2016

DNA Results & Drinking Milk & Eating Eggs! (pics)

Hey Everyone!

Well the biggest thing that happened was we got to meet our new mission President.  His name is President Grayson.  He was a pharmacist and has very much that mentality. His wife is the personality of the duo.  He him self is kind of boring and strict but will be more of a grandpa figure of a mission president than President Cottle was.  IT will be a night and day difference between the two and I am excited to see what new things happen with him. I will have an interview with him this week and will have more info than.

We had some good food this week. We were taken out to Texas Road House and Longhorns, both nice steak houses.  And we got to go to a smoothie shop that we have been waiting to go to for awhile.  There were some members that gave us like 12 lbs of meat in ribs, steak, pulled pork, and Boston pork butt.  Plus we got berry pie and brownies and some way delicious fudge and cookie and cream cup cakes.

The fun thing that happened this week was Elder Hiatt and I spoke in Sacrament meeting yesterday that we were asked to speak Saturday night.  I ended up having to fill 20 minutes and, of course, I was able to do 25:P  I was sweating for a while not sure if I could but the Lord helped.  It was a missionary program. We spoke and Elder Showers played a special musical number on the piano.

Tyson and Elder Showers BEFORE 
he tried to run him over
I almost seriously maimed Elder Showers and I this week as we were on exchanges.  We were doing our biking thing, as you know we do and we were cruisin down the road no hands.  I decided to be an airplane for a minute and then hit a pot hole lost my balance and swerved towards Elder Showers. Right before I hit him, and we both would have had large road rash, I slammed on my breaks and did an impressive stoppy to save us both!!!







Yes, we have heard all about the shootings and it is not to unnerving here we have lots of shootings everyday they just are not with cops so they do not go national. There are at least 7 gangs here in Valdosta. And you are not allowed places.........as in, you will be stopped, asked your business, and TOLD to turn around in some parts of town.

If you have room in packages I wouldn't argue about getting drink mix packages, but I have bought some here and there and it makes it better. Especially since it is Georgia and the water sucks and that to make it worse we are on city water.  Elder Hiatt can not drink it unless it is filtered he doesn't have a strong enough stomach.  It is gross here YUCK you feel gritties as you drink. Right now we have a filter on the sink Bro Jones got for us.  Locals know it's not good.

Ha nope, that is not supposed to happen. (other missionaries contacting people at home through Skpye and FB) And that is why our mission will never get Ipads.  And I doubt it, but  I could ask Pres on Friday during interviews, but the chances are very low.  And I know but it has to be good and I still haven't gotten one I like!!!  (A picture of him to blow up and make a life sized Tyson for Trav's wedding)

(Spanish Moss that I like)----oh no yuck, I think it makes things look so trashy around here everyone loves it and I hate that stuff!  It creeps me out and looks like it should fit in most horror movies.  Trust me it is not nearly as angelic as the movies portray it to be.  In some well kept area and ponds it can look pretty but that is the rare occasion. Most of the time it truly just adds to the ghetto.

Mom:  The place with Brother Jones was Tropical Smoothie King I think and it is just a healthy smoothy shop kinda like a Panera bread and Zupas.  Yes I wish it was in the 80's here. It is around 100 everyday and my eyelids are starting to burn I think.  What making the trip to Oregon without me? I thought you were not going to do that.  Did you stop by Schlotzskys? or the Bagel Tree place? Thanks for the pictures you almost got a tear out. ;) I do not remember if I packed my heart pillow away or not, But ask Tali if she knows what I am talking about, the little red heart pillow I had on My bed that was a pillow from Grandpa's heart stuff.  I have seen one corn field here and it was head high in May!:p (We were emailing about knee high by the 4th of July--guess it's different in GA)
Awe that was way cute!!!! Love you all too!!!!! Say Hi to Grammy and Gpa for me! (pictures and videos from us at the OR coast)

Tali: I am glad you had a great 4th even though you had someone stealing your candy. I love seeing all of the fireworks down the beach in the distance.  I am glad to hear grandpa is doing well.  Did you get to see any Olympic trials?

G4: Well I am glad that you made Rick not a bum. That hotel sounds like it will be great, I do not know what the problem is? Yes you need to start making money girl that is a lot in a year for a 13 year old.

Tay: That sounds like it will be a great concert. What is the plan for high adventure this year? And what has Trav asked you to do for the wedding?

Trav: S level Garren! you Must be getting pretty good at league? and yeah going out of town does not sound so desirable.  I love you too bro!!



DNA Results:
  • Great Britain40%
  • Ireland30%
  • Scandinavia12%
  • Iberian Peninsula10%
  • Europe West5%
  • Trace Regions
    3%

 But all in all, it told me 100% European.
I got your smooch oh and FYI we should have Lord of the Rings trilogy Risk at home and we never play it and it will sell for $150 online if you guys were wondering!!! I have to go now but I love you all and have a great week!!!!

What Elder Legg drinking Milk??????
And caught red handed with the JUG????
 Oh yeah since I have come out here
I have had to start drinking milk
to mix things up from water.
Also I have eaten eggs on more that one
 occasion.... and more than twice.
(That's about the craziest thing Tyson could eat!!
 This is because he's been deathly allergic to eggs since he was itty bitty.
Not actually physically allergic......but mentally allergic!! I can't
even believe he's eating them.  The smell alone gags him.  And when
he goes for flu shots and he's asked if he's allergic to eggs
he says YES!!)

It's me!

Pretty Pecan Grove


Georgia engineering at its finest

Idk what the crop is? 
And that is about as open as it gets around here

Tell Uncle Rick I am looking good!
(A joke between them that goes back many 
years to a pool party)

Cool Georgia tablet in someone's yard

No comments:

Post a Comment