Friday, April 21, 2017

Happy Easter & Fix-It-Felix

His cake matches his tie!!


Hey everyone!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!  What a bright season of truth and light?  It is wonderful the Families and friends that are able to be brought together in Christ.  I know that Jesus was resurrected on the third day and that he lives today to love and guide us.

Highly suggested!  Go and check out the talk "Converted unto the Lord" by David A. Bednar.  If you go to "lds.org"  and type the talk into the search bar in the top right it will pull up in the options.  It is an amazing talk.  In one part of it he refers to the parable of the 10 virgins.  He adds a new spin to it though by comparing the lamps to testimonies and the oil to conversion.  How every one of them had a testimony but only some had a surplus and sufficient amount of conversion.  Only some were prepared to give the constant fuel of conversion and accept the blessing that came with it because that is what it takes to stay on the path of conversion.  Those without consistent fuel were not permitted to be with the bridegroom.  "Testimonies are a departure point" said Elder Bednar.  They alone are not enough to carry us through and protect us in an ever pressing world of temptation and Satan's spiritual whirlwinds.  Read your scriptures daily, pray earnestly often, and keep the commandments. These will be your oil of conversion and keep your flame lit to lead you through the dark. This I know as I have seen and felt it in my own life!

This week was a full week of projects it felt like!  we started it off by going to help a family tear up their living room floor since they got a leak and it ruined their carpet.  We tore all of that up and gutted the room.  Then we helped them to lay some new hardwood flooring.  It was a big project but I loved it and it was tons of fun.

Then it came to the end of the week and there were three people that moved we got to help with.  The first two were already in the ward and were just moving somewhere else in the ward.  We hiked so many stairs with big dressers and wardrobes in those first two moves.  Then the third move was a family moving into the ward.  This one was pretty quick and easy since they did not have to much stuff.  In the move though parts of their baby crib got bent and it was not going together.  They were contemplating going and buying a new one since he could not get it to work.  Well there was no way I was going to let them go buy a new crib with yours truly, Fix-It-Felix, around.  I talked them into letting me take a look and mess with it.  Well I got it all bent back into shape and bolted together.  Now they want to feed us!!!!!! We were happy this last move went fast and easy though because all three of these moves were just us elders helping and so we were exhausted after 3 days of moving big furniture!

Easter!  Elder Davis and I got to sing in the choir at church.  Elder Davis did a special musical number on his viola.  I got to have a short speaking part in the program.  So many families were brought together that morning for the first time in a long time it was amazing.  Right after church We went to a family's lunch.  With them we got to hide the Easter eggs.  I got to hide the big prize eggs with money in them and the kids could only find three of the six.  That made me the master hider!  We had a huge smorgasbord of food.  One super yummy treat was strawberries filled with cream cheese frosting!  We to some time to fish and enjoy some of the games. Plus the member is a chiropractor so he gave us Easter adjustments. Then we went elsewhere for dinner. We got ribs and cinnamon rolls there.  Then we went another place for dessert after that.  I had some super good banana pudding there.  They also had a full body massage chair and so we got to use that also!  It was a wonderful Easter here in GA and I hope everyone else was able to enjoy it too!

Mom:  That is nuts about Brandi let me know what happens! (moving to another school) I am glad you made it through all of the appts and got a nice break this weekend.  It sounds like everyone had a blast with Trav and Audrey there.  Also it works out that Trav wants another book because I am going to be up near the uncle Remus museum today doing some other sightseeing so I should be able to drop by and grab a book quickly! I can not believe it snowed again though and so late in the season. You are getting closer and closer to GA!  That is awesome Trav and I matched our ties on Easter!! Lexi Totally just wants to make you cry with her chicken names (Georgia & Peaches)!  Love you mom!

Dad: I am glad that your week was busy and went fast.  We were way busy this week but it seemed to go by so slow!  That is crazy Audrey had never been on a four wheeler.  I don't ride with G driving either!:p  That is definitely a movie I am looking forward to seeing when I get back!  awe poor Tali!  That stinks that her lizard died!  I hope everyone had fun on the horse ride and was safe! This week for softball we won our game and I played at shortstop.  I was pretty nervous but I did decent! you are welcome dad I love you!!!!!

Tali: Well I am glad that you are such a beast and that you beat out all of the boy's, sister!  I am very sorry to hear about your pets though that is way sad!  That is very nice of Trav and Audrey to help you out though and to give you a cat and also very nice to give the Mackies a cat too!  I hope you have a great week and I love you Tali!

Tay: Hey bud I agree you win the prettiest date award!  And yeah I could see the resemblance to Tom Cruise.  It sounds like a pretty fun date where you boys able to beat the girls with just slingshots?  Where was the dance at?  And ok that is why the name sounded so familiar!  Glad you had a great time at prom! Get ungrounded! Love you Tay!

G4: That is sad about the lizards!  I hope yours is able to make it!  Happy Easter to you too.  I hope the Easter bunny brought you something nice.  He treated me pretty good!  I am telling you Siamese are evil!!!! Have a great week love you Grace!

Trav: Hey!  Happy Easter!  haha good Idea at ditching the kitties!  I am glad you had fun riding horses and going to softball!  I am missing out on the horse riding but I do get to have fun playing softball here!  I did pretty good this last week at shortstop but usually I play left field.  I need to work on my batting some but if it is catchable on the field it is in my glove.  You need to get back into shape man!  Do some running or something!  I need to start working out harder to be in better shape when I get back I am getting close to having to hit six months to sexy!!:p  I love you Travis!

Audrey: I am glad you had a blast this weekend! I love Easter at home!  It was great here, but just does not compare!  Haha sounds like things might get a little crowded over in rexburg.  Everything will work out though!  Yeah pets inside can make it hard to keep everything nice. Everyone here has inside pets and man are some of the houses disgusting!!!  There is a house here though we go to 3 times a week and they have a cat who all he would do is bite people when I first got here and now as soon as I walk through the door he is trained to go hop on the couch to snuggle with me as we read The Book of Mormon, it is awesome! Love you!

Love you all!

Elder Legg



Gardening Georgia Style








"Southerinizing them"
I thought that just involved grits & bbq??

Catchin up with Terry Jones



No comments:

Post a Comment