Monday, September 26, 2016

Red Cross, Cloud 9, ZTM pics

Hey Everyone!

One quick story: This week we have been focusing on looking through old records and trying to make sure no one has fallen through the cracks and finding those who have.  When we were trying to get in contact with one lady we found out she has actually moved to Colorado.  The family that lives in the house now though let us teach them a little and have invited us back tomorrow to learn more!!

I went on exchanges this week with Elder Memmott one of the ZL's.  We had an amazing time teaching and learning from one another.  We did some service work and than checked up on a less active family who the husband has brain cancer but he is still so optimistic.  His memory for short term is mostly gone but he still has a great sense of humor. Then we visited one of their investigators who is not progressing towards baptism but whose life is better because of the teachings of Jesus Christ we are able to provide for him.  We taught him about the Godhead and he loved it.  He had always been taught the trinity but when we explained it as three separate beings you could see it click and it was so awesome!  We stopped into a couple members' homes to challenge them to help with the missionary effort. Then Elder Memmott and I never having previously taught the plan of salvation together before had a wonderful lesson with their investigator Moses.  The spirit was so strong during the lesson Elder Memmott and I were able to flow smoothly together as we taught and testified.  We could feel the spirit testifying through us to Moses and his baby momma and two little boys.  The most amazing thing that happened during that lesson though is we saw a family pull together before our eyes.  We think he and his baby momma are divorced but she has recently come back into his life.  As we were there we asked her to read a verse of "I am a child of god" one of the sons asked if he could though.  We let him read it and the mother held him in her lap Moses put his arm around her and helped him pronounce words from over their shoulders and it was a picture perfect moment I will never forget.  Elder Memmott and I came out of that lesson on Cloud 9. Then to top everything off for exercise in the morning we disc golfed!

On Saturday half of the zone came to Columbus and we helped out the Red Cross.  We went out to low income communities and we installed smoke alarms for free. One in every bedroom of the house and one in a common area.  My group was so fast with our first route that we were assigned 2 and we ended up being out serving for 8 hours! It was a long and exhausting  8 hours, but completely worth it. You all just know though I am not just a super server but also a super missionary.  So while helping out the Red Cross we do not Proselyte that is not our focus.  We still wear our name tags in our service clothes though so we can be identified.  If people asked questions I am not, not going to answer them.  Me being the people person I am would be talking and heading up the project in the people's homes and we were with a set of missionaries serving in Columbus. I would talk, questions would arise, and I would get new potentials for the other Elders!

Also I gave a training this week in a Zone Training Meeting(ZTM).  Not a big deal, there are usually only like 40 missionaries there, but then President and Sister Grayson and some other office staff decided to stop in and surprise us.  Still not a lot of people, just more pressure to train well.  After I was done though I was very highly complimented, so I think everything should be okay!

Mom: umm the weather is cooler some in the mornings and evenings but still hits low 90's. When it is in the 80's though it is a gift!  Yeah we have been told to keep our gas tanks above 1/2  a tank at all times now!  I am glad you are feeling progress and getting things done at school and have friends to help you know what to do!  At Fort Benning my comp who is supposed to know what to do, does not and has a bad attitude towards the branch there, so he will not be going anymore.  So I have been trying to learn everything to do there and being that it has to do with the military there are a lot of procedures.  Yes got your package today! We were working too hard to catch it at the post office during hours yeah the slip has been in the mail box for awhile but I have to wait till we can catch the office open to trade the slip for the package! (Ok, not going to send him fresh baked goods anymore. The girls & I made him treats & they arrived in Cusseta on Wednesday, but he didn't pick them up until Monday---not so fresh anymore!!)
   Love you mom!

Dad: I feel the same way there was a lot that happened and it all feels so long ago already!  Rain can ruin a lot of things especially down here.  did you know Columbus, Ga actually gets more rainfall than Seattle, WA.  Seattle gets more consistent but Columbus when it rains here pours so HARD.  Love you dad!

Tali: Zupas without me? and how was conference? and how is Valhalla? Love ya!

G4: did you get the hiccups? I always get hiccups from rice and noodles!  I hope you feel better! Love you girl!

Tay: Dude I heard you got man of the match! You are just like Trav! You always do the big thing when momma isnt watching.  He always scored before she got there.  Hope your ankle is ok and you will be able to play in top condition!!!

Love you all!!!
Elder Legg  

Elder Phillips at the Zone Training Meeting
(His mom texted these to me from a FB page)

Tyson at the Zone Training Meeting




Elder Phillips' Mom Jenny also sent me these pictures
of the Facebook pages that have info about the 
Georgia Macon Mission where she found the pictures of the 
boys.  She knows I don't have FB so she's keeping 
me updated. 



Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment