Sunday, December 17, 2017

10/24/17 Tripled Efforts & I Turn Into Superman on a Bike!

Hey Everyone!

TRANSFERS- are on Halloween and I have a 50/50 chance of moving so if you are planning on sending mail or want to send mail get it out before Wednesday the 25th of Oct this week. Also you can just wait until next week when I know what is happening and where you can send it. Thank you!

Okay so first off I want everyone to know that missionary work is not about numbers it is about people.  However, Numbers help us to see what we can try and improve on to help more people.  Well each week we set goals on certain aspects of the work and keep track of them.  Sunday nights we tally them up as companionship's, districts, zones, and the mission.  Well each week our district has been struggling with finding people to teach and we have been falling way short of our goals.  This last week though we were able to triple our past efforts and we hit our goal as a district.  Elder Hafen and I had an outrageous week on our own too.  We tripled our own past efforts and contributed over half of what it took to meet our district goal.  It felt great to see the district work so hard this past week and see success.

Some of our awesome success came during what we call Windows of Heaven.  This a time in the week you prayerfully set apart 1-2 hours to find the Lords elect.  You prayerfully select the place to go also and you make promises with God to do certain things such as talking with everyone you see no matter what the situation might be. This is a time to test your faith and trust in the Lord. Plus to build the Lords trust in you and miracles do happen!  This past week we took out a member with us to do it and found some awesome people.  One of the people we found we gave a Book of Mormon last Wednesday and is on track to finish it by next Monday.  We are stoked to teach him more.  Another cool thing is that for some reason here in Augusta, GA area there are a lot of Micronesian's.  Specifically ones from Pompeii.  They are very humble people and we have founds about 4 or 5 families to work with this past month.  They just eat the Gospel up.  They love the Book of Mormon. They are very happy people and I am super excited to see what happens with them.

Also a ton of Miracles were seen while we were on Exchanges this past week.  Plus some funny things. One thing is that we did Windows of Heaven again and this time the windows of heaven were definitely opened.  Elder Hafen and I were praying to find a specific person.  They had the traits of being open to new things, would be excited to learn about the Book of Mormon, would have LDS friends, and would be touched by the testimonies we bore.  Also we made some very prayerful goals of things we wanted to work on during the exchange. I wanted to work on asking for referrals.  Well it just so happened that we found this person we were praying for and we also found her through asking for referrals.  It was truly a blessing and answer to our prayers. Later too we were searching to find a less active members house and I had forgotten the address.  We decided to just walk around and talk to people until the other elders could get back to us with the address.  Well as we were walking around we were admiring some Halloween decorations.  One house was very lit up. We decided to knock on it.  There was a babysitter that answered who we were able to teach and share a Book of Mormon with.  Also we found out that house was the members house we were looking for. As I said it was not all miracles though there were some goofs too.  One was that Elder Larsen went to go contact a guy in his garage and it smelt kinda smoky and for some reason Elder Larsen's first thought was that he was roasting smores in his garage.  Well the man was not he was smoking hookah and that was awkward. Then Elder Hafen also made a funny.  He was talking with a man from the Philippines and the man asked what Elder Hafen wanted to do when he was finished with his mission.  He told him that he wanted to get into engineering or nursing. That Filipino man looked at the both of us again with and weird look and repeated "Nursing???". We ended up having to explain more in depth about missionary work and what type of companions we were.  Also I have been fortunate to be on a bike most of my mission.  Well not many have had this blessing. This week as I was biking around with missionaries who have only been in cars or mostly in cars they have decided I turn into superman when I hop onto a bike!

Mom:  You better strap on those running shoes. There is not much running left but time might sneak up on you if you don't keep on it.  And yeah this week wounds like a full week.  Lots of fun things planned though.  I hope your neck starts to feel better and your muscles get in the right place.  You will have to send me a picture of your dalmatian self. Wow that is a lot of babies coming soon.  I do not know if you knew this but for a while I have been thinking I want like 6 kids but than this week I came to a great realization that I would be ok with 10 kids too. So now 6 is like my least amount I want to have. Its awesome I know! I love you mom!

Tay:  Wait in the area you were hunting you could only shoot 2 points. Not even anything bigger than that and nothing smaller?  Dang that makes it a little hard to get a deer. Yeah definitely let me know how things go with choir and the cabin! Love you Tay!

Audrey: Haha that is super funny that they locked you in the building.  That  does not sound like a very secure place if all you have to do is hide in the bathroom and you can be inside all alone and no one was able to help you.  The Temple looks amazing.  I got to see the pictures on LDS.org and I am way excited to see it finished when I get back.

Tali: Sounds like you did a great job with taking care of the snake.  There are a lot of snakes here in GA. I have not seen many though.  All I know is if it is a black snake the people around here like them and keep them around and want them around their house because those are the king snakes.  They are not poisonous and the eat the poisonous snakes.  So if it is black leave it be if it is not most people kill them. I love you Tali!

G4: I feel like yall have had a lot more days out of school already than I ever did.  Another big weekend!  And what a sensitive nose you have!?  Cinnamon Cranberry sounds like a great smell too.  And awe yes did mom tell you she was taking you for ice cream?:) (My sneaky way to get them to flu shots)  I love you Grace!

Dad: Sounds like there are some real prospects for your hunt in November with the bucks that you saw.  There are so many deer over here they are allowed  to shoot 6 in one year. However, they are not nearly as impressive and the Mulies out west. Hunting here is also lame and just sitting in tree stands. Good luck with the yearly planning. I love you Dad!

Love yall!

Elder Legg



No comments:

Post a Comment