Friday, December 22, 2017

11/14/17 Referrals & Collapsed Closet

Me burning my 18 month pants a little late
Hey everyone!

So each week there is a church that has a food pantry and we go volunteer at it to sort and pass out food to those who are less fortunate.  Well this last week a very elderly Asian lady came in. She was using a cane and still struggling to hobble along.  As Elder Hafen was helping her to pick out some produce items she I watched her start to sway.  Well before I could get to her side and help to stabilize her, also while Elder Hafen was bent over and grabbing something for her out of the fridge, she started to crash. Ahe is blessed that she fell backwards into elder Hafen as he stood up and he could catch her.  It turns out she had not taken all of her medication or drunk enough water that morning.  We sat her down for a sec and gave her a little something to eat and drank before we let her drive home.

Okay and let me just put this out here for everyone to know.  President Hinkley said it the best and I do not have it memorized but here is the just.  Missionary work is very often thought of as just knocking doors, however, anyone who has ever participated in this great work knows there is a better way.  This way is through the members of the church.  I have a testimony of this.  Referrals from members are little golden nuggets that each missionary looks for.  Please any one who is reading this think of those around you who has recently had a life changing event happen in their life.  Such as those who have just been married, who have had a recent death or birth in the family, or even who have just moved to a new place.  Even just think of those who might have ever asked you questions in the past about your beliefs.  A member in our ward did this.  A friend from work asked him some questions. The member answered a few and than invited him to church and a lunch with the missionaries after.  It is as simple as that.  If some one asks you questions answer a few and tell them that the best place to learn though would be by coming to church to check it out for themselves.  Also you can do the same thing our member did and tell them that there are actually missionaries in the church that go around everyday answering questions people have and if they would be up for it you could have the person and the missionaries over for some treats and to ask some questions at your house. Also let missionaries know when some of your neighbors are home.  If we are just going around blind knocking doors it is like fishing with a bobber. There can be a lot of waiting and large gaps of time in between bites.  Well if they know some house holds are home around a certain time is can be more like fly fishing.  Where you are placing the fly where you already know the fish are at and you are hunting the fish more so.  Help your friendly neighborhood missionaries out.  The friend of a member who we met with was very open and accepting more so than the usual crowd we meet.  He even wanted to do it again and had the Gospel Library App uploaded on his phone before we left. you never know unless you try!

Also we were able to do some service for a lady whose closet collapsed.  All of their shelving and clothes racks ripped out of the wall and fell.  All of their clothes and shoes and other closet materials were on the floor and it was a mess well we helped to clean it out and then we built here a wardrobe and shelf and clothes racks. It was pretty fun, I like that whole building things though.

Mom: Ok well first off what are Ben and Cody doing? And where?  And that sounds like a really fun week full of activities and friends. I can not believe you vetoed the  my little pony movie!:p mmm Aunt T's fried Chicken sounds so good right now!  haha what Hunter doesn't have his Eagle yet?  That boy!:p  I love you mom!

Tali: I remember doing the cultural celebration for the re-dedication of the Boise temple.  You will have a blast. It makes for a long day but worth it looking back.  I will hopefully see pictures of it on lds.org too.  Have fun sis. I love you Tali!

Tay:  Yeah I am glad that Hunter is getting it done too. I didn't realize he had not done it yet.  Bro have fun at the Celebration not everyone gets the chance to do it and it is a privilege.  What are you singing in honor choir? I love you Tay!

Trav: Wait what I did not know this?  since when and from what do you have PTSD from?  That is sweet that you have a service dog now though.  Is Gussie trained very well?  Oh and hey you should look up the band "Aquabats". The bat commander is in Elder Hafens ward and they sound weird but I don't know just check them out. All or there songs are kid friendly words and material.  iI is ska music? Whatever that means? Well bro I love you bunches!

G4: You are lucky that you get to go to the celebration and to see President Uchtdorf.  I wish I got to go.  You will also have to show me your log rolling skills when I get back.  Get all caught up on school work sister I love you Grace!

dad: I love you dad!

Love yall!

ElderLegg



Me burning my 18 month pants, a little late











No comments:

Post a Comment