Sunday, December 17, 2017

10/17/17 Pumpkin Snickerdoodles & Service

Hey Everyone!

Alllllllllrighty then! This is how my week went.  I went on a couple of exchanges, helped with a lot of service, and had a blast!

First off with some of the Service we went and volunteered as a district at a food pantry for another church. They are called the Bridge Ministry.  Every Saturday they go and set up a church under a bridge in Augusta.  That is were they have their services. They do baptisms in a horse watering trough.  We were able to talk a lot with the pastor and he is truly a huge hearted guy.  Heloves the children especially.  They even go to the Philippines every year to help the children there. They were super kind though and heart broken when they found out that Thanksgiving is coming up but that we will not be with our immediate families.  They told us that they are going to have us over for Thanksgiving and that they are part of our families now. He was adopted into a LDS family when he was young and told us that he then had the power to adopt LDS youth into his family!:p I loved going and seeing the days we were able to make while we helped those in need.

 Also that same day we went with another pair of elders to help them do yard work with an elderly lady.  I had the job to dig holes to plant blueberry's.  Well this GA clay is not fun to dig in and it is really a pain when where I needed to dig a hole there was a massive rock.  I spent most of my time trying to get that out of the ground.  I eventually did too by the end.  I felt quite accomplished that day.  We were able to get so much work done for that lady.  Far more than she could have in a weeks worth of time and she was so grateful.

Then the next day there were some people that asked for our help in moving.  We used that moving expertise that we have built up on the mission.  It was not too much stuff, but more so that we had to hike it all up stairs and a hill around the house.  Not fun, in the end though, they had a treat for us.  This treat has changed my life for the better! Not as much as the Gospel of Jesus Christ but still changed it for the better.  It was Pumpkin Snickerdoodles.  If you ever see some, try them, I highly recommend it!

On one of the exchanges I was on too I had these super awesome plans set up and then they were all ruined by a flat tire. The Elder I was with as we rode through construction ran over a staple.  It was not pretty but we were near a member's house who were home and able to help us out.  God is Good!

Mom: I hope your tooth gets all figured out and that it can actually be permanently worry free.  That is awesome you did not freak out though. (Yea right!!)Yeah I bet you were freaking some but you made it sound really chill.  The pastor showed us some pictures and I did not see any trolls under the bridge?  Their motto is that Christ has no walls and neither do they.
Pdays on Tuesday are fine. Mondays are hard now because I am ready for a break after Sunday and then I have another hard day of work. Plus that makes Transfers take up our pdays now.  Haha yeah we had some fun making those videos.   Soccer sounds fun but aggravating and I am glad you cheered against Skyview a lot!:p  Only 300 miles left to run? That is only like 100 a month for the rest of the time I'm out. That is awesome mom! I love you mom!

Tay:  That is sweet you scored the game winning goal for the last winning game of the season! It sounds like you kicked it up these last couple of weeks.  So is our football team good this year?  Or do we just have a weak area?  I love you Tay!

G: How do you feel you did as you found out the poem was actually an audition?  I hope you put some effort into it!  I love you Grace!

Tali: Holy cow sister I have heard of that before and that is quite an honor to be picked for that. Like wow I am super impressed!  That does sound like a bummer about money though.  If you do have a chance though take it I bet you would love it but you have some time to decide.  Congratulations though.  I love you Tali!

Travis: That is way sad about the cats.  I am glad you stayed strong about the puppies though.  That is a lot of money!  Dude send me a picture of your new hair cut?  I am going later today to get mine cut too.  Yes please keep working on those tummy muscles.  Haha I have been lucky enough to not get too many bad poops on the mission.  Although once about a year ago my poops were like loogies it was nasty and  a little alarming.  I love you Trav!

Audrey:  That is super sad about Buddy.  I knew he would be having trouble this winter especially after the hard one yall had last winter.  I was really hoping he would make it until I got back though.  I am glad Trav talked some sense into you about the puppies though.  Have a great week!

Dad: I am super glad your presentation went well.  It sounds like a lot of work went into it.  And I would have been pretty nervous presenting to such High ups.  That story about the cow though is really amazing I wish it would have allowed you to help it some more though.  I do not see many cows here mostly dogs and cats.  Most missionaries are scared of and dont like dogs.  for the most part I do not worry about them though.  Like yesterday we got rushed by dogs and the Elder I was on exchanges with stopped and I walked right to it and petted him.  I think the biggest problem is most missionaries just do not understand there is a difference in the approach of a friendly dog and a vicious.  Good luck with the hunting this week!!! I love you dad!

Love yall!

Elder Legg







Looks like my Halloween package arrived safely 





No comments:

Post a Comment