Friday, December 22, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving, 4 Hole in 1's & Starling Sunset Swoop 11/21

Hey Everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Okay so this last week on P-day as a district we all went to a place called Putt-Putt.  This is a place with lazer tag and mini golf and some other things but missionaries are not allowed to do those things and so we stuck to the lazer tag and mini golf.  In Lazer tag I did ok I won one game and it was only the missionaries there so it was tons of fun.  In mini Golf though I must have been feeling the golfing vibes from the Masters in Augusta. While we were there I hit 4 hole in ones.

So this week past Putt-Putt, not to much happened, however, there have been some impressions on my mind lately.
1. Since I will be finishing up my mission in a little while the church has a  program they have missionaries go through called "My Plan" to help you have a plan when you get back home.  Well this past week It has wanted me to study my Patriarchal Blessing. Those who may not know what this is, let me explain.  This is a blessing were you go to a man who has been given the Authority form God to stand in his physical place so that he can be a vessel through which your Father in Heaven can give you His fathers blessing to you.  It has the blessings he has in-store for you and  warnings to keep you safe. It has his view of the potential he sees in you of who you can become.  Also it has certain things of what you can do to become.  Well this last week "My Plan" had some study suggestions that were very helpful to me and I would like to share with any of those who might have their Patriarchal Blessing.  First read through your blessing entirely and than at the end write  down your feelings and impressions.  Second go through and find words that describe you(write them down) and also find phrases that describe actions you should take(write them down).  Third ask yourself what your blessing teaches you about the person God wants you to become?  I have been doing this, this past week and learned much about the way I am seen through Gods eyes. Also about who I am and who I want to be!
2. This past week our stake here in Augusta, GA had a fireside. It was about knowing the Doctrine of Christ in The Book of Mormon.  How if we do not know that and have that in our minds and hearts we are not going to share it with others.  We will feel more comfortable answering questions of others. We will come closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ. We will have a more sincere attachment and Love for God our Father and His blessings provided for us.    I know The Book of Mormon is true and I know that it is the word of God that any who read it with real intent and seeking after truth can pray to God and He will answer you! This is what I have done and I invite all to do the same!

Mom:  Wow yeah that sounds like a very on the go week. I am glad you got everything done though and made it through.  It looks like the cultural celebration was packed.  Haha that is really funny about that kid and you having to call his mom.  Sometimes I wish I could call the moms of some missionaries.  Some of them need it too.  For Thanksgiving we have some offers about 4 or 5 for dinners and we are going to try to make all of them work.  Plus there will be a football/soccer turkey bowl in the morning!:)  I am excited! Oh and mom Elder Hafen and I were sitting down on the front porch of our club house waiting for a ride and it was just around sun down. Guess what happened. I was sitting there in beautiful weather and resting my eyes while I had the chance. Then I hear this great big flutter.  Well it was Grammy's starlings making their sunset swoop.  There were so many of them and it was amazing!  You and Gammy would have loved it! Also I am so worried I am going to dry and crack when I get back but no you can not sneak into my room and put lotion on my knuckles!:p (Oh but I will!! Just like when he was little) I love you mom!

Tay: Dude you got to shake Elder Uchtdorf's hand that is so totally wicked! I have never shaken an apostles hand before. The highest up I have ever gotten to shake is a presidency of the 70.  You are pretty lucky my friend.  I remember going to the city council meeting for Government and yeah they are a little dry huh?  I do not know why anyone would want to be in politics. I love you Tay!

Tali: You did not trip in the performance though right?  Hey tell your foot to feel better would you!  And I feel you in the tired department! I love you tali!

Trav: Yeah I have not cut a deer in a little while either.  I do remember my hands freezing from doing it though.  And haha that is so sweet you are a stud worker.  Sometimes it just takes a little initiative.  like there are times on the mission just because I use common sense people are like wow you are doing a great job. And I am like really?  I thought I was just doing what I was supposed to. Apparently others are not though.  It's lame huh!  I hope Audrey does well and travels safe! I love you Trav!

G: Did you like Wonder?  And oh no not black mail from the Gracie!  I would be afraid very afraid. I think I still am and it isn't even about me!:p  You sounded great in your play. And also take advantage of that hour of extra help now and if you do you may not need it later!  I love you Grace!

Dad:  That sounds like a pretty good hunt.  Even with not to much of the deer action.  Did you get any pictures of the hunt or the deer?  I would love to see them.  Man it sounds cold in Idaho. It was about 80 degrees here one day last week.  I am going to freeze and dry up when I get back! I look forward to the 2018 hunt! I love you dad!

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Love yall!
Elder Legg



No comments:

Post a Comment