Friday, December 22, 2017

Happy Halloween! 10/31/17

Hey everyone!

Happy Halloween!
Have a spooky scary skeletony night.  Hang on to your hats and do not let No Noggin kick them off!

Transfer news:
I am staying another transfer in Stevens Creek with Elder Hafen.

In honor of the Halloween and fall season the ward put on a fall festival.  One of the aspects of that was the Chili Cook off.  Elder Hafen and I were asked to be the judges.  Here in the Stevens Creek it is a big ordeal and everyone takes it maybe a little to serious?  Everyone was approaching us making offers of bribes to help them win and others offering to match or beat other people's bribes, not that they could win, but that the other people would not win!:p  It was so funny to watch.  There was a whole lot of chili to sample.  We also dressed up as zombie missionaries and passed out candy during the trunk or treat.  It was just a blast.

This past week we had a Mission tour from Elder Klebingat.  He is a member of the Quorum of the 70.  It was such an amazing day to go and learn from him.  He is super Bold, but not in creating guilt kind of way.  In teaching the Doctrine of Christ and Inspiring through the spirit, change from within. One thing he shared with us is the help that role-plays can be and that we need to be doing them daily.  His definition as to why role-plays work so well is the best I have ever heard.  Role-plays are first spiritually creating what you desire to happen. Or basically following a pattern of God(Moses 3:5).  There were many other amazing things he spoke about but I don't have my notes right now and I am struggling to recall.

Side note: something cool I learned about this week and yall should look up is "memory palaces"

One of the best things ever happened to us yesterday. We were trying to contact a referral.  As we were standing at the door a car drove up to the curb. The man inside shouted over to us asking if we were Mormons?  We walked over and told him we were and asked what he was doing.  He told us that he was bored and decided to go out driving that day to see what he could find.  He had never met a Mormon that he knew of.  He asked for some literature and briefly what we believed.  We shared some highlights such as Jesus Christ coming to visit the Americas and he thought that was awesome! (and we agree)  He asked where the church was at and told us he had never tried the whole religion thing because it has never been offered to him but maybe now is the time.  We got his number and he told us he is going to try to come to church.  Then he drove off and Elder Hafen and I were left standing  thinking we had both just had the same dream.

Oh and I was sick most of the week with a cold.  I have been hacking up my lungs and smelling nothing but stale sickness.  I only had one day that was really bad though where my energy was drained and my body hurt.  We went out and worked through it though and the Lord has blessed me with the strength to do so.  It has not helped sense the weather all of a sudden has turned cold and been around freezing in the mornings and nights.  We got to bring out Sweatshirts for the first time this fall. I am on the up hill though now. Thank you to everyone for their prayers!

Mom: Dang you go mom.  I sure hope the high school can get its act together with the sped program.  Our trunk or treat was a very nice night also.  And Peter pan that is interesting that the Ellis's were the stars of the show.  I love you mom!

Tay: Dude what is sock wrestling?  Sounds fun though.  Also are you pumped for the Meridian temple or what. I saw the video and pictures on LDS.org and it looks so great!

Talia: Haha why did you not speak up to the bus driver about missing your stop?  Funny story I had that happen once.  I think I fell asleep on the bus or something and when they stopped for me to get off I was out.  So I got to ride the who bus route and mom had to come and get me from the bus barn.  You make a cute devil.  I love you Tali!

G: What is it about babies and you that just do not get along very well.  That is so funny he kept whacking you. That was a pretty good costume. Did you make it all on your own?  And yes please send pictures of you with phat boy! I love you Grace!

Travis: Haha that is funny yall had a Halloween party for the dogs basically.  Dude do you have American bully's where you work?  there was a member in my first area that bread those and they were not very cute but sold for tons of money!  An adoption counselor does sound like a pretty sick job bro!  how did you get to be one of those?  does that count as like a promotion?  Good luck with your new schedule. It sounds kinda like a bummer but you will make it work!  I love you Trav!

Audrey: yeah I am doing good the holiday seasons are coming into full swing and the work here is picking up which is super exciting to see because this area is known for being dead and now it is one of the most hoping places in the district now.  Every body is amazed and jealous.  This new job sounds great.  There are a lot of Pomeranians down here. I had no clue what they were before though.  Does it shed?  And why Gussie?  Send some pictures of her please?  Have a great week love ya!

Dad: That sounds like a great weekend.  So your hunt actually starts in Nov right?  And you are not limited to a 2 pointer with your tag?  Every once in a while out here in the mission we get MRE's sincee there are so many military bases and personnel that members will just give us some as they move.  A lot of missionaries do not like them but I think it is great.  I love you dad!

Love yall!
ElderLegg












To Tyson from me:
"I got a text & pic from bro weatherman this morn.  He sd he delivered on his steak dinner her promised."
Tyson to me:
"Yes it was very good!  

He promised if he won the chili cool off he would give us a steak dinner. Also he gave us a free Krispy Kreme dozen ticket.  

We allowed the bribe because we were still able to be honest.  His chili cheese fries smoked the other chilis."
Me to Tyson:

"Yum!! & that's quite a bribe!"



Notice my seasoned shirt compared to the others


Elder Buckley's coming to my district!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment