Friday, December 22, 2017

We Got a Car! 11/7/17

Hey everyone!

This week was quite slow as far as work or anything very exciting.  We had most of our appointments cancel on us.  The good news though is that we now have people to cancel on us!

Anyways probably the most exciting event of the week is that Elder Hafen and I got a car.  We are not sure why?  The Evans elders who had the car though went to transfers and before they left the car coordinator told them to give us the keys when they got back and that they are now bike elders.  So last  week we got to take over the mini van!  I am not a fan though. I just feel lazy when I use it!:p  The other elders around us hate that fact about us having it because I use it as little as possible and still love to bike and they all hate biking and are forced to.  It is okay though because the van will now be clean and will never go over miles as long as we have it.  Elder Hafen is enjoying though because it means there are some hills that he hates and he does not have to bike on them any more.

Speaking of Hafen I was worried about him last night.  There was an elder in the District who got the flu last week and was throwing up.  He was throwing up so violently that he popped blood vessels in his eyes and they were completely blood shot. Well last night Elder Hafen was laying in bed writing in his journal as I was washing up before prayers.  As he was laying there he started to feel like het was dehydrated. He got up for water but it didn't help. As he laid back down he felt as though he was going to throw up. So he came and joined me in the bathroom hanging over the toilet.  While he was there he started to shake and quiver.  We said our prayers there in the bathroom and I stayed with him there for a bit.  Then we got him a trashcan for next to his bed.  He came and laid down expecting to throw up sometime through out the night.  Well I was definitely praying for his health just as he did about a week or two ago when I had a cold.  After he prayed for me the next day I was not healed completely but I was on The up hill slope.  Well we are not sure what happened last night but he woke up this morning having not thrown up and feeling normal. Prayers of Faith work Tender Mercies of the Lord, this I know to be true!
Scripture of example: 1 Nephi 7:17, Mosiah 24:14, Alma 14:26, Alma 31:38

We also Had a great stair stepping Exercise this week. There is a family in our ward that the best way to describe them bight just be, broken.  The dad was in the military and has serious back problems to where he can not lift heavy things nor be bent over very long. The mom has had a ridiculous amount of surgeries and walks with a cane now.  Most of their kids are grown and moved out.  They had us come over to help them move their office space from their basement to their second story.  There was a lot of moving little nick nack things and that caused for many a trips up an down those 2 flights of stairs.

Oh, yes, and this same family fed us lunch before we got started.  I thought is was great and ELder Hafen did not.  Haha he hates most white sauces.  Mayonnaise being near the top.  Well the family fed us chicken salad sandwiches and he had to gag one down! Maybe that is what contributed to his flu freak out last night?  In his mind he knew he had consumed Mayonnaise and then his body wanted to reject that foreign substance.

Mom: Yeah it got cold here about a week ago or so but now it has been back up in the 80's again. There was frost on the ground and now we are back to sweating, GA is bipolar with its weather.  What is Cody up to now?  Also sincse when do Cheerleaders say  "tubular"?  Yeah Jesica is younger than me.  It is so weird to think about people my age an younger that are married and having babies.  When is Austin and Chancy's baby due?  And again sincee when does Tali have a phone?  That is sad to here about the Carters having to delay their mission.  I hope everything goes well. Love you mom!

Tay: Haha yeah you looked freezing in the hunting picture.  Biff looked nice and warm though.  Dude that pool sounds like it is pretty cool I'm sure I am not imagining what you explained in the right way but sounds sweet.  It is so weird that honor choir is happening right now.  Time is so different here on the mission.  Dress warmer next hunting trip! I love you Tay!

Audrey: What does Gussie look like?  And yeah I am surprised that mom "lets" her come inside.  I am glad it has not been to yucky or rainy over here because that makes missionary work hard especially in the cold. Good luck at the new job, today!  Yeah I do not think that I would have enjoyed the theater fundraiser very much either.  Wow I will never be 53.  Happy late bday to your mom! Love yeah!

Travis: Love you Trav!

Tali: What is a caramel apple nacho?  You will have to make me some when I get back! That sounds like a ton of candy.  Coleman homes must be a huge neighborhood now to get that much candy.  Are you excited for Teagan to be an aunt? Are you excited to be an aunt? Tell travis and Audrey to work on it!:p  I love you Tali!

G4: Your Halloween sounds like a nightmare! I am glad you ran and that you explained your standards to that charming young gentleman!:p  You are the best I love you Grace!

Dad: I think Taylor just got cold and that is never fun but I am sure he had a good time with you and biff.  That is awesome that the deer are moving so much though.  Yeah send me some pictures if you can and good luck this week!  I love you Dad!

Love yall!

Elder Legg











No comments:

Post a Comment