Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Thanksgiving Details 11/28/17






Hey everyone!

This week was packed with fun and I am so thankful for it all.

Let's see where to start? I guess I can give a run down of my Thanks giving.  Okay so we started the day of right with going to Turkey Bowl.  We played soccer in stead of football like the usual traditions though. In our ward we have a Spanish group as a part of it and so we had a huge group voting for soccer. This was a great and than we had a little bit of down time to get ready for the day.  The Kerstens were the family that fed us our actual Thanksgiving dinner. They are very good cooks but I did not eat to much I only had one plate to pace and portion myself. Their Cranberry sauce was great and reminded me so much of my moms. I was very grateful for this because I love my mom's Cranberry sauce. There we also had a Ping-Pong Tournament and I definitely did not win it, however, I did not lose it either. After a while we were just playing some fun rounds too I beat the best guy there I was pretty proud.  Then we headed over to the Smiths for some more dessert and we also played a trivia game called Urban Myths. We learned some very strange useless facts.  Then they all headed out to go Brown Thursday Shopping and we went over to the Prathers for more Dessert.  It was a pretty great day.

Then we spent our black Friday planning for the next week.  However, we did use some of our time to put up our Christmas tree too.  We have very little Christmas Decorations but we do have a nice 6 foot tree that is lit up.  Also on this day the Martinez elders dropped their bikes off at our apartment as they were teaching a guy near by. They had a member with them who was also riding his bike and he almost died on the way over to our place because he knew nothing about bikes, so his gears and brakes were not working.  As they were off to their lesson I took a little time to look at his bike.  After about 30 minutes of fiddling with it he had a very nice bike to be riding. the brakes would stop him on a dime and he had all 21 gears to go through instead of the 1 he used to be stuck in.  Then on Sunday we saw him in the hallway at church and he came up and gave me a hug. He was so grateful he had a working bike now.

That was not the only sweet thing to happen at church though.  We were able to get a couple we have been receiving empty promises from for 3 weeks now.  They would always say they would come and we would send a member to pick them up and then they would not answer.  This week we made sure all of their excuses were invalid though and they actually came. Part of their problem is that they have a 2 month old baby and no car seat.  The Relief Society got together and found one we could give them. Turned out they didn't need it but we had it anyways and they came to church and it was the thought that counted!  Plus while we were there I saw two gentleman I had never seen before.  I made eye contact with one and he waved us over. We went and talked to him. Turns out he was a former mission president and I am not sure why he was there on Sunday but he was being driven around by an Uber driver on Saturday night and they started to talk about the church. The Driver had some interest and so the Member invited him to come to church on Sunday.  He came and he loved it and he loves the emphasis on Family since he had to raise a son as a single dad. Sunday was awesome!

Thn the Martinez elders had an investigator coming for a Church tour on Saturday night and neither one of them had ever done one. We went early with them to the church so that we could help them to role play it and give them some Ideas.  Then when Jermaine came we helped them to give the tour too.  Most of my help came in the Family History center I showed him Familysearch.org and loved it.  We are going to get him hooked up with a family history consultant.  He loved that it was a free way to do family history since he has had an interest in the past but any other option just about can be very expensive.

Oh and last but not least do not for get to LIGHT THE WORLD this December. If you go to mormon.org there is a theme for everyday of December leading up to Christmas. The videos and material are up now.  Each day has a scripture and a video and ideas of things you can do to follow our saviors example and learn to love the greatest gift ever given.  Check it out see what you can do and bring Christ into you Christmas!

Mom: hey we put our tree up this past week end too. And did you get anything good while sale shopping?  The Smiths who we ate with had never taken their kids black Friday shopping and so they were taking them this year not even to shop but just to go and people watch.  That sounds like a very eventful weekend though with engagements, death, and parties?   I hope I get to make it to the wedding that would be great. (His cousin Cody's)  I love you Mom!

Audrey: What sweaters on a dog?  I still have not seen what Gussie looks like?  My Thanksgiving was pretty good too I spent it at 3 different peoples houses and all were great. Good job at work though and I hope you continue to go up. Love yeah!

TAli: Yes let go to the Circus place when I get back it sounds bomb!  And holy cow! I can not believe that you and all of the little cousins are old enough to do baptisms for the dead together now. haha keep being mom good little helper I love you Tali!

G: What kind of a dance party was that?  And yes sister everything just makes sense!  haha you are great.  And a 4 star movie huh? Was it as good as Book of Life?  Is it worth me seeing when I get back?  I love you Grace!

Trav: Dude we better be playing all of those sports when I get back too!  We just had soccer for turkey bowl and I did decent.  I had one sick goal that was  a cross and my team missed the header and the other team deflected it out to the top of the box and I volleyed it top left 90.  All of the Mexicans on my team were like OHHHHHHHH!  We did not know you had that skill.:p and after that I got the ball a lot more.  Dude I will totally go and do the blazin challenge with you.  5 in 5 minutes is easy!  And you are so dumb! Your life must just suck!:p  haha.  I love you Trav!

Tay: Dude what hot springs did you go to?  And that sounds like a bomb week.  What is Jacob up to these days?  And also Joseph?  Dude I have so many movies to catch up on it is not even funny!:p anyways man I love you!

dad: Yeah it sounds like you have had so much fun these past 2 weeks.  I cannot wait for a turkey bowl back at home again.  That is awesome that you beat the high school jocks though and sorry to hear you got all beat up. Hafen got his ankle a little beat up during soccer too. And as far as staying goes I might change and hope I do.  I do not want to stay here for 9 months.  I have a 50/50 chance of staying or leaving at this point though. It would be my dream to one and done somewhere though. We will see what the Lord has in store on the 12th though!? I love you dad!

Love yall!
Elder Legg




 It is 6 feet the Evans elders have an 8 foot tree. but ours is nice and yay that is awesome!:)













No comments:

Post a Comment