Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Happy December!! 12/5/17

Hey Everyone!

Alright Elder Hafen and I plus others had a super awesome week. I say plus others  because I have been on 3 different exchanges this past week and was not always with Elder Hafen, However, the times we were together we also had a good time. Of Course we always do!

Okay so one of the greatest things that happened is about Jim. I believe I wrote about him last week. He was a man that was Uber driving around a member Saturday night and was invited to church. He accepted and we were introduced.  This last week we called him and set up to do a Church tour on Saturday. He was late and Elder Hafen and I thought that he was just standing us up. He did show up though and it was a great experience.  Oh quick side note and shout out to my family.  I am very grateful for those who have spent their time in the service of the Lord and helped to weld the links of my family together throughout the generations.  Thanks to many others, that are not me, atleast one of my lines is connected from me all of the way to Adam and Eve.  Well back to the story.
We were showing  Jim the family history center and introducing him to familysearch.org(this website is free). He loved it all and was so impressed at the extensive records the church has to help people find and learn about their family. To be able to connect people all of the way back to the first parents.

Okay and now for some holiday season cheer.  As missionaries Holidays are great but they are different than any others.  It can be hard to get into the spirit of things. However, we had some help with that this week.  We were at a families house and they invited us to help them decorate their tree since they know we miss out on that with our own families. Also we went out with a family last night caroling.  Elder Buckley and I were given Santa Hats to wear and we were able to uplift many people's nights.  I love the glow and light that the Christmas spirit brings into our homes.  I was able to see that first hand as we went around last night and we were able to spread cheer.  Look for ways you can serve others this year. I know it will bless the lives of many who need it and your own!

Mom: Yeah so guess what? I lost another ring...well it was stolen again.  I do not want a new one though until I get home. Man when I get married I am never buying a expensive ring. I can not take care of them.  There was a lady in Gray that lost a $10,000 ring at the ball field during one of our softball games. Yup I will find a classy cheap ring and by back ups to always have!:p  I feel so sorry for Biff getting called to be bishop.  That is a calling I hope to never have.  You know I have never really talked to him about spiritual things and that is probably why I have not seen him a spiritual person.  It is weird to me that he is a bishop now but I mean I never talked to him about spiritual things.  Yup my life is just turned upside down.  I can't wait to see them when I get back.  Hey I have been working on my abs too. Elder Hafen and I both.  You go momma. That is so cool that you are so close in your running journey.  Hey also though people keep asking me about the blog needing updated. (Yep, I got really far behind) so if you could work on updating that sometime in your super busy schedule that would make for a lot of happy people.  I love you mom!

G: How does chess and creep correlate?  Although that is not a good teacher either.  Haha and sister all 14-15 year olds are weird! Even you in your own way.  But that is okay and that is what makes everyone who they are.  Just learn to have fun and enjoy the good weird.  Good job staying healthy!  I love you Grace!

Tay: Yeah keep me updated on the Bball.  What hot springs are yall going to?  And you should send me some pictures of it.  Have one of your friends email me some!  And what the heck dad bought a new truck?  Dude that is sweet.  Hey good luck on your essay and make sure to get all of your home work done. Love you Tay!

Tali: Hey did you go to school or is your perfect attendance ruined?  You left me with a cliff hanger punk.  (perfect attendance is in tact) Do you just love Circus Trix?  Eww throwing up is gross. We had a dinner this past week where their little girl was sick and she threw up 12 times in a day after eating nothing all day.  And once was while we were eating dinner. I was with one of the Spanish elders on exchanges and he lost his appetite really fast it was so funny.  It didn't really affect me.  I love you Tali!

Dad: A new Truck and no pictures? What that heck? That sounds like a sweet truck.  Dang I am going to miss the Excursion it was a great car and I see them all of the time down here. It always makes me think of home.  I also hate my voice on recording to. It sounds nothing like me.  I am sure it was great though, we are our worst critics.  I love you dad!

Love yall!

ElderLegg



Burger Challenge!! Tyson dominated! Poor Hafen doesn't eat that much in CA :)











No comments:

Post a Comment