Tuesday, January 9, 2018

He's Home in 13 DAYS!! But Who's Counting?? I Totally AM!!!

Hey Y'all!

Sorry I missed last week, we had some crazy scheduling going on and the Library where we email from was packed and we barely got on to email our mission president a weekly letter and a few personal emails.

I know a ton has happened since last I emailed, and sadly I will not be able to share it all.  However, there are some highlights in particular that I do want to share.

Okay so thinking of way back around Christmas time is where I will take us first.  There is a family here who are very close with the missionaries. Some of them are members of the church and some are not.  We love them though and they love us. Unfortunately, they struggle financially.  With taxes and bills to be paid their Christmas was going to be very slim. In fact, one day we were talking to them and they expressed to us they as the parents felt like failures because they were not able to provide presents for any of their children this year. Well we talked to them and came up with a plan to come over Christmas Eve caroling with the other missionaries. Then we would teach all of the children about Jesus Christ the greatest gift of all to help lift all of their spirits from having no tree and a house vacant of commercial gifts. As we left we wanted to do more though.  What a blessing though, that a sweet elderly lady in our ward had given each of us missionaries serving in the ward, a gifted allotment of money.  One for us to use as we wished.  All together we counseled and agreed that our friends, the ones without a Christmas tree, were the ones in need.  Off to Santa's workshop (Goodwill) we fled, with cash in our pockets to spend.  We all pitched in and were able to find a plethora of fine items, or so I've said.  We cleaned them up and made our plans.  The night then came where we caroled and sang.  After the festivities were over, six smiling figures could be found prancing away form a doorbell sound.  This impoverished family had Christmas of the purest sort in their hearts.  The greatest gift given had struck again.  The example of Christ inspired many that night who gave and received.  I hope for all each season of joy may  increase and spread throughout the years! Christ is our gift to celebrate on Christmas, and everyday!

Okay and for anyone who has ever struggled to feel the spirit here is a story for you.  There is a recent convert to the church here.  He loves the Gospel and never doubted it, but at the same time he just had never felt a confirmation inside of his soul tell him it was true, but all of the good he had seen from it he just had figured it must be true. Well we as the missionaries or guides provided some tools for him to use to invite the feelings of the spirit.  One thing you must know to anyone who is seeking the spirit.  It can be loud, but mostly is a still small voice none the less he is always powerful.  Well this man also had a heavenly virtue of patience and diligence. He continued to pray even when he felt there was silence as a response. He continued to read, and he was taught, but he never realized or recognized the spirit there.  One day though after a test of time he got it.  He knew very little of who or what the Holy Ghost was but he knew it when he came.  Everyone always talked to him about a burning of his heart as it had happened to them. Now this is not always how it works to everyone and it is not how it had worked in him.  However, one day it hit him.  His wife had recently passed away and he also had been laid off at work.  This provided an opportunity to create an environment where the spirit could dwell as he turned harder than ever to the Lord.  The Spirit ignited within him!  He had no words to describe it but a simple testimony that God lives, Jesus Christ is real, and The Holy Ghost is AWESOME!  This is a testimony of mine too and it is my prayer everyone my seek this testimony for themselves!

Mom: Yeah I was worried about the ctr ring. One of the missionaries had said they might be discontinuing it! Yikes! I can't lose this one then! I can not believe Poopy is that old now. I remember going to the hospital when he was born and seeing his monkey hands. He had very long and skinny fingers.  Geez how long is your get done before Tyson get home list? (Oh it is super long!) I love you mom!

Tay: Yeah fruitland is a weird place of farming with money. But honestly Middleton has some of that too. I am not to good a ping pong so I am glad you are!:p sounds like fun I hope you don't mind spending some of that time with you big bro! I love you!

Tali: I love fondue!  And what are the cry faces for you are the one who is supposed to like school!  Oh yes the yearly ward time change. I have not had to deal with that once over the last two years. Most buildings only have one ward in them. I love you!

G: There is no way for a Chinese buffet to be better than our old one that has lasted through the ages. Have fun and work hard in school! I am emailing hungry and Texas Road House sounds so good!  I love you!

Dad:Oh man I am way excited to see the new car and truck!  I see trucks similar to yours all around now and I just day dream!:p  yeah ATV's in the desert sounds like fun. I am glad that you had a good vacation! I love you Dad!

Love yall!

Elder Legg


Seriously!! Is Elder Dunn TALLER than Elder Campos who is a giant!!??

Josh Phillips sent this to him for Christmas
How cool is that??

No comments:

Post a Comment