Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Phenix City, AL (Yep, it's spelled correctly) 12/12/17

Hey everyone!

TRANSFERS! I am now in Phenix City, AL.  Also yes I spelled Phenix the right way. We are here in the south and do things a little different. Even if they don't make sense sometimes. My New companion is Elder Barzee.  He is from Rexburg, ID.  He has only been out for 2 Transfers now. He is very excited to be serving and I am excited to be with him! Yeah we will check into it!
I do remember Barzees on the family tree now!
New address:
3A Autumn Way
Phenix City, AL 36869

Okay so this actually happened last week but I forgot about it.  I was on exchanges with Elder Buckley.  The apartment I was living in was behind a Lowes.  We would cut through the parking lot all of the time.  In the parking lot there are signs for the handicap parking.  These signs I ride through all of the time, with no hands on my handlebars.  Well this time as I approached I could tell I was not going to make it, but I was already committed.  As I went I had to slam my hands down and swerve left.  My back tire ended up hitting the pole and I went flipping over my bike. With my puma like reflexes though, I sprung into action.  I caught my self on my hands and rolled to safety. During the roll I smacked my head, but thank goodness for helmets.  It saved any damage from happening there. The next part to hit was my back, but my bag was there an very cushioned.  Then I was back on my feet.  It was a miraculously comfy tumble.   I thought no one saw but the ladies working in the garden center did and were very concerned.

Sorry I do not have much time!

Mom: Okay so total bummer. Nothing to exciting happened on the 9th.  We were supposed to have Elder Stevenson visit our mission.  However, it snowed in Atlanta the night he was supposed to come in and the airport shut down.  He couldn't fly in and so no apostle.  I did still get to visit Gray though and I saw the Griswold family.  It was a good time. Elder Barzee says he knows the Rawlins.  I think he did some musical stuff with Jackie. Love you mom!

Love yall!

Elder Legg

No comments:

Post a Comment